Monday, July 28, 2008

The August Rush

OK.....I tell the little ones we'll get school supplies tonight. Logan is like...but I wanted to play kickball with the boys. So he decides it's ok if Mom picks them out for him! Imagine that! My 5th grader didn't care if I picked out his stuff. Think about it....I could have come home with Hannah Montana folders, High School Musical folders, pink pencils and a bright purple book bag!

But no.....good old Mom tried to think like a 5th grader. I bought bland folders and pencil case for him. Didn't want to embarrass the kid. He is so grown up already. I just can't believe it.

Now Hannah.....it took her FOREVER to figure out what crayon/pencil holder she wanted. I'm like.....I gotta get dog food lady, figure it out soon! Thank God we already have her bookbag or we'd still be there picking it out.

Then we head to the shoe department. For some dumb reason, Logan has to have gym shoes. I'm telling ya....Walmart's shoes are ugly! I decide forget it, when here comes Hannah hugging me while begging for Hannah Montana tennis shoes. OH COME ON!!! We already bought her tennis shoes for the school year. I am so Hannah Montana'd out!!!

So.....we're done, only have to get those stupid gym shoes for Logan. ARGH!!

3 comments:

Mom of Three said...

They don't really have to have a seperate pair of shoes. Just make sure he wears tennis shoes on gym day. (which is everyday for 9 weeks) I know the list is misleading, but that's what C1 was told and did last year.

that girl said...

yeah, I was going to say I don't think they need separate shoes...but just to make sure they have them on their feet on their phys ed day...that mom of three beat me to it!

Sherri said...

Thank God! I'M DONE!!!!!!