Thursday, July 31, 2008

Oh Man!!

I think I forgot to mention - on our trip to Cincinnati...while looking in the Reds Team Shop (Hannah really thought she needed a Griffey Jr. jersey) - she got a tank top instead.....anyway while rummaging through the merchandise....which everything cost a million dollars there (am I rambling?) I DROPPED MY CAMERA! The batteries flew out, Hannah helped me in my mad scramble to put them back in and get the heck out of there with her tank top in tow.

Anyway, we walk towards the gate (in 90 degree weather sweating our butts off). I make the kids stop in front of the Great American Ballpark to take a picture of them. They are all posed and ready....sweating and grumbling. I hold the camera up and CAN'T SEE THEM THROUGH THE CAMERA! It's a black screen with a beautiful mark through it. I don't have another lense to look through so I have to take a blind picture of them. Yes the camera works, I just couldn't see what the heck I was taking.

On to the ballpark. We had great seats. Top row of the first level right behind the Reds dugout. When Griffey Jr. came out to hit, I was again blindly zooming in hoping to get that shot.

As you can see.....I DID IT!!!




This is a before shot - walking from where we parked - Logan was sooo ready to see the Reds.




Tom told me we should get a new camera but a better one. After talking to my Dad - I'm down to two options, but they are both expensive. This is so NOT the time of year to spend that kind of money.

But as you guys know, I'm done with school shopping, but still have fees to pay. Should I splurge?

2 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Go for it!!!

that girl said...

you want me to answer that? the one who is always taking photos? hummmm...yeah, buy a new one. NOW.